Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Goodnight Moon and Mikey's Favorite Things 2013


18x12 linen on panel "Goodnight Moon and Mikey's Favorite Things"

Michael Rex Baustian-Girard is my grandson born in April 2012. When I painted this in late 2013, he was 20 months old and already quite an artist himself (my walls are full of his watercolor masterpieces).  Here are some of his favorite toys, books, his bear 'Fynn' and one of his painting masterpieces.  Imagine the day I am painting and little foot steps come into the room (Mikey's). He says 'Grandma, what youdoooing'? They really talk like that, sort of mush all the words in to one.  I said, 'painting, would you like to see'? I pulled a chair up, he stood on the seat.  I put my longest Rosemary & Co number 12 brush in his hand, picked up some medium blue and helped him paint the blue arched strokes you see in the right side background.  After a couple of passes, (while I'm still steadying his hand with the brush in it), he turns his head, looks at me and says, 'Woooooow'.  A priceless moment. 
He also painted the brown foreground.  He and I paint together and he is really good.

I will post one if his greats and you'll see what I mean.


Mikey's Corner
Plein Air painting a tree in our yard.



No comments:

Post a Comment